The main Analog Aficionados event is a dinner held the weekend before ISSCC. The next one will be in February, 2019.
For more info, please go to the "Get Involved" part of this site.
Thanks to everyone who made this year's Analog Aficionados a special event. A special note of gratitude to our sponsors -- ADI/LT, LIS, MI, TI, and EDN/EETimes/Planet Analog -- and our wonderful hosts, Jean, David and the great staff at the restaurant. Thanks also to Ed Fong, Alan Martin and Ron Quan for their support.
Copyright 2015. Linear Integrated Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Analog Aficionados exists to provide a time and place for the people who devote their lives to analog component and circuit design to gather to see old friends and make new ones. At the annual dinner we recognize those who have played a special part in this industry by creating placemats with their pictures and brief biographies.
Photos by Loretta Taranovich, Ed Fong and Ron Quan
Many thanks to Ron Quan and Ed Fong for the pics
Our Next Annual Dinner will be Saturday, Feb 15, 2020
Analog Aficionados was the creation of Paul Rako, who in 2010 revived the annual gatherings once held by late Linear Technology great Jim Williams.
The centerpiece of Analog Aficionados is an annual dinner, held in the San Francisco Bay area either the Saturday or Sunday before the International Solid-State Circuits Conference.
Paul retired in 2014 to the Tampa Bay area to work on classic Harley-Davidsons, though he is still serving as the godfather of Analog Aficionados.
Tim McCune, president of Linear Integrated Systems, Inc., currently is the host and coordinator of Analog Aficionados.
Books By Aficionados:
Ken Coffman, author of Real World FPGA Design with Verilog.
Bob Cordell’s “Designing Audio Power Amplifiers”
John Hamburger and Bob Dobkin:
1. "Analog Circuit Design, A Tutorial Guide to Applications and Solutions, Edited by Bob Dobkin and Jim Williams, Elsevier/Newnes
2. "Analog Circuit Design, Volume 2, Immersion in the Black Art of Analog Design, Edited by Bob Dobkin and Jim Williams,
3. “Analog Circuit Design Volume Three: Design Note Collection Hardcover – December 19, 2014”
1. “Design with Operational Amplifiers and Analog Integrated Circuits (McGraw-Hill Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering)”;
2. Electric Circuits Fundamentals (The Oxford Series in Electrical and Computer Engineering);
3. Design with Operational Amplifiers and Analog Integrated Circuits”; and
4. “Analog Circuit Design: Discrete & Integrated”
Bo Lojek’s “History of Semiconductor Engineering”
1. "Advanced Data Converters" 1st Edition
2. "Advances in Analog and RF IC Design for Wireless Communication Systems" 1st Edition
1. “Practical Digital Wireless Signals (The Cambridge RF and Microwave Engineering Series)
2. Dynamic Power Supply Transmitters: Envelope Tracking, Direct Polar, and Hybrid Combinations (The Cambridge RF...Jul 8, 2015
1. “Electronics from the Ground Up: Learn by Hacking, Designing, and Inventing”
2. “Build Your Own Transistor Radios: A Hobbyist's Guide to High-Performance and Low-Powered Radio Circuits”
1. “Power Integrity: Measuring, Optimizing, and Troubleshooting Power Related Parameters in Electronics Systems"
2. “Switch-Mode Power Supply Simulation: Designing with SPICE 3" (McGraw-Hill Electronic Engineering) 1st Edition
3. “SPICE Circuit Handbook,”
4. “SMPS Simulation with SPICE 3.”
(Please contact email@example.com for any additions to this list.)